Daily Details and Responsibilities for a BUILD FOREPERSON
- Be the leader on job sites for a small, dedicated team of like minded individuals.
- Work as a team to accomplish set goals and timelines while creating work that you are all proud of.
- Navigate changes thrown at you by clients, designers, managers and other trades. Impress them with your ease of leadership, creative solutions/problem solving, and level headed approach.
- Engage in Toolbox discussions with Project Managers, Designers, etc to suss out any upcoming challenges or celebrate on site victories. This is something that should take place everyday!
- Engage with one on one conversations and on site meetings with the PM to track budgets, materials, lead times, and 100% client satisfaction. We are a team, and work to achieve this together.
- Keep it safe out there! Everyone needs to go home to their families at the end of the day. Ensure proper safety practices are met and exceeded in expectation.
- Daily maintenance of tool organization and storage.
The “Usual” Requirements and a little more
- Drivers License – A MUST HAVE. This is required.
- Leadership experience, within the last few years, in the field of landscaping.
- A solid grasp and understanding of daily communications to team members, field managers, and in office staff. We pride ourselves in having great communication between all team members.
- Competent in the use of power tools (Cut-off saws, Tampers, Jackhammers, Compactors, Power equipment, Blowers etc.).
- Knowledge of, and experience with, specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various Landscape Construction and Carpentry practices.
- Ability to multitask, pay attention to detail and take pride in your work.
- Proficient at working both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines.
- Read plans, understand plant materials needs, and prepare job sites.
- Speak, read, and write English.
- Be on site, on time, and on budget with a 40 hour work week. Weekends are valuable to everyone, so we seldom work on Saturday/Sunday.
We value hard workers and their experience in the field of landscaping. The starting wage for a Build Foreperson will be within the parameters of industry standards and expectations and depend on experience, skill set, education and execution.
Potential health benefits and relevant education subsidies following a 3-month probationary period.
CONTACT: TYLER PARKE and JESSIE DAWSON at: firstname.lastname@example.org with resumes and cover letters. Call 604-782-4530 with any immediate questions!!!