Want to join our awesome team ?
Sequoia Landscape Services is hiring energetic, independent, hard working and creative people to expand their already fantastic work force. If you want to be part of an incredible team of gardeners, horticulturalists, hard and soft landscapers, or carpenters, apply immediately!!
We are always expanding our abilities and pushing ourselves to create and maintain new spaces, and we are privileged to work with inspiring designers, homeowners, and contractors on the North Shore of Vancouver.
Daily Details and Responsibilities for a BUILD FOREPERSON
- Be the leader on job sites for a small, dedicated team of like minded individuals.
- Work as a team to accomplish set goals and timelines while creating work that you are all proud of.
- Navigate changes thrown at you by clients, designers, managers and other trades. Impress them with your ease of leadership, creative solutions/problem solving, and level headed approach.
- Engage in Toolbox discussions with Project Managers, Designers, etc to suss out any upcoming challenges or celebrate on site victories. This is something that should take place everyday!
- Engage with one on one conversations and on site meetings with the PM to track budgets, materials, lead times, and 100% client satisfaction. We are a team, and work to achieve this together.
- Keep it safe out there! Everyone needs to go home to their families at the end of the day. Ensure proper safety practices are met and exceeded in expectation.
- Daily maintenance of tool organization and storage.
The “Usual” Requirements and a little more
- Drivers License – A MUST HAVE. This is required.
- Leadership experience, within the last few years, in the field of landscaping.
- A solid grasp and understanding of daily communications to team members, field managers, and in office staff. We pride ourselves in having great communication between all team members.
- Competent in the use of power tools (Cut-off saws, Tampers, Jackhammers, Compactors, Power equipment, Blowers etc.).
- Knowledge of, and experience with, specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various Landscape Construction and Carpentry practices.
- Ability to multitask, pay attention to detail and take pride in your work.
- Proficient at working both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines.
- Read plans, understand plant materials needs, and prepare job sites.
- Speak, read, and write English.
- Be on site, on time, and on budget with a 40 hour work week. Weekends are valuable to everyone, so we seldom work on Saturday/Sunday.
We value hard workers and their experience in the field of landscaping. We also make sure to be within the parameters of industry standards and expectations. A skilled Build Foreperson at Sequoia will be paid between $33.00 and $40.00 per hour depending on experience, skill set, education and execution.
CONTACT: TYLER PARKE and JESSIE DAWSON at: email@example.com with resumes and cover letters. Call 604-782-4530 with any immediate questions!!!